Thursday, May 31, 2012

MAY 31 IS The Festival of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I wonder if any other world religion makes a holy-day out of two pregnant women taking a coffee-break? Decaff, of course.
It is all laid out for us in Luke 1:39-49.

BVM- Hey Cousin Liz, I hope you don't mind my dropping in unannounced.
Liz- Unannounced? I thought the angel of the Lord announced unto you.
BVM- That's not what I meant. I was just referring to my needing some quality sisterhood time to make up for all that nasty gossip the folks in Nazareth have been passing around about me.
Liz: That's happening around here too. They think Zechariah is too old. O my goodness! My baby just kicked!
BVM- I think all this that has been happening to us a sign from God.
Liz: Girl, you have the soul of a prophet.
BVM- Magnificat. 
Liz: And you know a lot of big words! 

No comments: