Friday, September 18, 2015

4 Directions Prayer



DIRECTIONS PRAYER

FACING EAST… I WELCOME THE COMING DAY, the possibilities, the decisions, the surprises, the risks.

TO THE SOUTH… I WELCOME the warm places, the softness, the congeniality, the fun, the joy that will transpire this day.

TO THE WEST… I WELCOME the deaths, the endings, the losses, the disappointments, the things I cannot change.

TO THE NORTH… I WELCOME THE moments of solitude, the introspection, the silence, the memories, insights, and the recollection of dreams.
GREAT AND HOLY SPIRIT, permit me trespass once again into the sacred precincts. Let me touch my relatives with reverence, humility, and skill. Lord Jesus Christ defend me from demons, idols, and every form of self-deception, and bring me safely to my true home.

No comments: