Saturday, September 7, 2013

An Island Prayer for Benefactors

An Island Prayer for my Benefactors Holy and Living God, I bring before you all those whose generosity has enabled this island pilgrimage. Remember the people of St. Stephen's,who supported me in our ministry together for 20 years. May they know the benign influence of angels, the unearthly swinging of seals,the cry of sea birds, and the surging power of tides. Lord Jesus Christ, defend them from demonic spirits,the seductions of idolatry, and every form of self deception. Spirit of God,guide and strengthen them for all that lies ahead. I commend them, and my colleagues in ministry at ChristChurch Cranbrook,.to the prayers of Aidan and Cuthbert, the island saints I also commend to your eternal care those who encouraged this pilgrimage and have departed this life,particularly Mike O'Neall and Mary Alice Heaton. Finally, I thank you for Nancy's companionship and love, and for the measure of health that has enabled us to make this pilgrimage. Henceforth,let our lives reflect the blessings bestowed upon us here on this island, this [planet, and this life. Amen. for

1 comment:

Sandy Jose said...

Amen, again I say Amen!