Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Grassroots Existentialism: APRIL 20, 2010

"Life is here, we live it, we endure it, and we do so without any knowledge of how we have become." From "The Revolting Test", April 19, 2010

For more reflections on the Meaningfully Absurd read the following poem and comment regarding its use of existentialist ideas...

Under the Sun

I have yet to find myself
For I was born under the sun.
Amongst every living creature
I have no sense of purpose.
Alive in awe of wind and fire

I have yet to prove myself
For I am a new born.
The worn out burden of the planet
The existential put to the test.
Destruction of life proves much easier than creation

I have yet to end myself
For I have too much pride.
Look down at the sea of creation
And know it was me.
Gaze at the power of nature harnessed
And know it was me.
See the extermination of my worldly brethren
And know it was me.


For I was born under the sun
And I’m here to stay

No comments: